Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using Find to Search attachments

In past version we have use the GW find feature to search Excel attachments store in various folder in GW. Now, with version 8.02 find is not searching the attachments. I looked in the client documentation, and it specifically states that find DOES NOT search attachments. Any ideas for a work around in GW?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
hchun Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Using Find to Search attachments

tamideemer;2073691 wrote:
In past version we have use the GW find feature to search Excel attachments store in various folder in GW. Now, with version 8.02 find is not searching the attachments. I looked in the client documentation, and it specifically states that find DOES NOT search attachments. Any ideas for a work around in GW?

Running 8.02 and Find is searching thru attachments for me.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tamideemer wrote:

>
> In past version we have use the GW find feature to search Excel attachments
> store in various folder in GW. Now, with version 8.02 find is not searching
> the attachments. I looked in the client documentation, and it specifically
> states that find DOES NOT search attachments. Any ideas for a work around in
> GW?

I also have no trouble searching attachments - but you have to ask for it - it
doesn't search attachments unless you ask for it.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0 Likes
jlivitski1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tamideemer;2073691 wrote:

I am also suddenly not seeing attachment search results, in 2012 HP3. I always used to. But now it seems to be only searching email message bodies.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.