susantci
New Member.

Using GW8 client with 6.5 POA

This is what I want to do..
I have a client that is using Groupwise 6.5 for only looking up old emails and addresses. They have gone to Google mail for all there newer stuff. They are getting some Windows 7 PCs. I want to know if I should use the GW 8 client to just access the old post offices? Or should I do something else?

Thanks,
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Using GW8 client with 6.5 POA

On 5/13/2011 3:06 PM, susantci wrote:
>
> This is what I want to do..
> I have a client that is using Groupwise 6.5 for only looking up old
> emails and addresses. They have gone to Google mail for all there newer
> stuff. They are getting some Windows 7 PCs. I want to know if I should
> use the GW 8 client to just access the old post offices? Or should I do
> something else?
>
> Thanks,
>
>

You cannot use a newer client against an older POA. Period.
Consider using IMAP for their rare needs (although this doesn't give you
their address).
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Or use the standard 6.5 client in XP mode on the Win 7 machines

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
susantci
New Member.

I am going to try using XP mode. I have never used it for an application before but... here goes nothing. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

It should be fine, fingers crossed <g>

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
PaulRLees Absent Member.
Absent Member.

susantci;2106010 wrote:
This is what I want to do..
I have a client that is using Groupwise 6.5 for only looking up old emails and addresses. They have gone to Google mail for all there newer stuff. They are getting some Windows 7 PCs. I want to know if I should use the GW 8 client to just access the old post offices? Or should I do something else?

Thanks,

Have a look at Cloud Technology Solutions they have a GroupWise to Google migration suite that will move mail and archives to Google Apps
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.