Highlighted
christianlessar Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1328 views

Using GWTuner - Turkish always installed

I just discovered a bug with GWTuner & language selection on 8.0.1 HP1. I use the tuner to keep English and French. However it seems Turkish is always installed (tried 3 times to be sure). Something strange: in the language choices, I see "Swedish" twice so maybe it's part of the problem.

The property "LANGUAGES" has been added to the MST, the value is "000000010100000000000" where the two "1" must be French & English (does anyone knows exactly which language every position is?).

In order to stop Turkish from installing, I had to edit the MST and set the install level to "999" for this language component.

Let's hope I won't find more "surprises" like this one...
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Using GWTuner - Turkish always installed

That I can't confirm.

I did however have a problem during testing, to actually make the
transform file work 😞

msiexec /l groupwise.msi TRANSFORM=groupwise.mst /qb

I've pinged Novell on this, but as a workaround, I opened up the
groupwise.msi file with Orca, applied the mst, and saved it as a new
msi file.....That worked


Note also, that it seems like the GWTuner is using old stuff and
doesn't consider Excel2007

As such, if you don't want integration to that, add the property
NOEXCEL2007 with a value of 1 to the property table


Regarding the order of the languages, I have no idea, as this is not
documented, but it's easy to create 15 different transforms, and look
into those one by one 😉


--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net

Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
christianlessar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Using GWTuner - Turkish always installed

Actually I did discover Excel 2007 missing from the MST on Friday... was about to report it to here. My solution (not knowing the right proprety name) was yet again to set the Install Level of the Excel2007 feature to "999" in the MST.

As for the MST applying, it does work for me but I use a Zen object to push the MSI / MST. I actually have 2 MST's, the one created by GWTuner and another one where I add all our corporate stuff & solution to problems such as the ones outlined here.

There is also another issue that I discovered, but I think I will make a separate thread for this one as it could be useful to others.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.