Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vacation Rule not working for one User?

This is weird we have one user who has been on our Groupwise PO for years who is trying to setup a vacation rule and it isn't working it's not sending the email to anyone.

I've deleted it multiple times, re-created it, left it off for a few minutes inbetween. Done a full structural rebuild on their mailbox twice... Nothing will get it to work. Any ideas. There is nothing in the sent items showing it's trying to create a reply email. They are a mac user on groupwise 8 i've got them to close that and i've done it all on groupwise 2014R2 SP1 on my pc and it still won't work. I'm at a loss...

i'm going to try to create a manual rule just sending a reply to everything as a stop gap measure will see if that will work.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vacation Rule not working for one User?

The reply to everything rule worked as a stopgap. Just weird that no matter what i do her rule will not work. Unless i guess it's been on all the time so it thinks it's sent me a reply so won't send another... I'll leave it for a day ensuring all vacation rules are off, and see if i try it tomorrow as a new rule if it will work then
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I recommend that you login to WebAccess and check for any rouge vacation rules lurking around in there.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. I tried that.

The only rule in there is the one that I've created as the "cheat" one which she will activate at the end of today. which just does the reply to all incoming emails (called holiday).

booktrunk;2438611 wrote:
This is weird we have one user who has been on our Groupwise PO for years who is trying to setup a vacation rule and it isn't working it's not sending the email to anyone.

I've deleted it multiple times, re-created it, left it off for a few minutes inbetween. Done a full structural rebuild on their mailbox twice... Nothing will get it to work. Any ideas. There is nothing in the sent items showing it's trying to create a reply email. They are a mac user on groupwise 8 i've got them to close that and i've done it all on groupwise 2014R2 SP1 on my pc and it still won't work. I'm at a loss...

i'm going to try to create a manual rule just sending a reply to everything as a stop gap measure will see if that will work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Ok, you say that you've done a Structural Rebuild, that's great. However, have you done a GWCheck with Structure Unticked, Contents and Fix Problems ticked?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello booktrunk,

I might have the same issue for a couple of users in a 2014 R2 system. Do you see similar entries in the POA log like this?

11:47:43 AE63 Execute reply rule
11:47:43 AE63 Error executing rule for: xxxxxxxxx
11:47:43 AE63 Error: Memory error. Memory function failure [8101]

If yes, then I've already opened an SR and I might have a solution, but it is untested atm.

Regards,
Gellert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gellert,

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? We're having the exact same issue.

Mario
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mario

Do you see the same error in your POA log file?

Please let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Mario,

if you have the same error message in the POA log like me, then you could do the following:

! Be advised, this is dangerous to the mailbox, so make a full backup of the PO before you start !

00) Log in to the users mailbox with windows client
01) Open the Tools | Options | Environment tab and write down the archive path
02) Move all Mail to archive. (Do a find in the client for Mail-leaving all other fields blank, then select shown items and archive.)
03) Move all Appointments to archive (Do a find in the client for Appointment-leaving all other fields blank, then select shown items and archive.)
04) Move all Tasks to archive. (Do a find in the client for Task-leaving all other fields blank, then select shown items and archive.)
05) Move all Reminder Notes to archive. (Do a find in the client for Reminder Note-leaving all other fields blank, then select shown items and archive.)
06) Move all Phone Messages to archive. (Do a find in the client for Phone Message-leaving all other fields blank, then select shown items and archive.)
07) Export Personal Address Books
08) Stop POA and rename userFID.db to userFID.old
09) Start POA and have any other GroupWise user send a test message so that the new users database will be created. If the user DB fails to get created, follow this TID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7002351
10) Log into GroupWise as the newly created user.
11) Open the Tools | Options | Environment tab and set the archive path to that from step #1.
12) Open the Archive store and unarchive all items in the same manner as steps 03 - 06.
13) Import the Personal Address Book.

This helped me to get a working vacation rule.

Gellért
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mario and Gellert,

Just my two cents worth here... based on what Gellert has suggested as a work around it would appear that this could be caused by an error in the user.db. I'm confident that this could be fixed by Micro Focus technical support by means of a Service Request. In my opinion a better way to go and probably less risky.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I've already opened an SR for this problem, and that was the solution from MF support.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.