anthonywhill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Viewing DOCX on Apple iOS 8 from Mail

Not sure if this is a GroupWise 2014 problem with Apple iOS 8, or GroupWise Mobilty Server (latest version), or Apple's own iOS 8.

I am getting the following message when I try to open a Word (docx) Document on my iPhone 6 running iOS 8 (latest build at 08/10/14) from within an email account:

"Office Open XML word processing document"

I have tried installing Microsoft Office Mobile and a third part App called Documents.
I have been sent different emails in DocX format (.docx) and I can not open any of them.
I have tried pages on my iPhone and that does not work eaither.
I can however open PDF documents.
I have rebooted/restarted the iPhone twice.
I have a coleage with an iPhone 5 with iOS 8 and they have the same problem.
I have another coleage who has an iPhone 4 on an older version of iOS and theirs works fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Anthony

iPhone 6, iOS 8

hilla@mta.qld.edu.au
Network Administrator
Mount Alvernia College Kedron Queensland Australia
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

Re: Viewing DOCX on Apple iOS 8 from Mail

For a differential diagnosis, just send the same document to both the GW account and to an external e-mail address, like Google, or whatever, and seen if the same attachment can, miraculously, be opened via the mail app when it is coming from a non-groupwise account. So same exact message, two different mail servers. IF the attachment can be opened from the mail app when pulled from the external account, but not from the GroupWise account, then you have a problem for "us" to solve. Otherwise, its just another delightful feature of iOS.

-- Bob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.