Highlighted
New Member.

WA header bar search dialog.

14.2.2 across the board. Recently upgraded from GW2012. Windows server 2012 r2 on the webaccess box in our DMZ. Post offices are all on server 2012 r2 also. two MTA/DVA SLES 11 servers, one with GWIA (for now). I try do a quick search of one folder in the header bar search dialog on the WA it takes several minutes. I mean like 5-10 minutes before it returns results. If it doesn't just time out. I have tons of mail (40,000) like many users here. In the thick client, this takes MAYBE 1-2 seconds. usually it is less than that. It seems to be searching all of the mail even though I selected "this folder". This is unusable unless you only have a handful of email total. I have a request in and currently MicroFocus isn't being responsive. Their only suggestion was about shared folders. So I unshared everything with my account, and same happens. Thoughts?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: WA header bar search dialog.

In article <tbundy427.82i0y0@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Tbundy427
wrote:
> I
> try do a quick search of one folder in the header bar search dialog on
> the WA it takes several minutes. I mean like 5-10 minutes before it
> returns results.

Is either the WebAccess and/or POA server particularly busy when this is
happening? What do the POA logs show during that time.

As a test, I would be tempted to setup a WebAccess inside your network
to see if that has the same issue or if not then there is something with
your DMZ to private link.

I'm not seeing this issue on the same version on OES2015 without a DMZ,
even when including all the shared folders.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.