Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

WebAccess performance

Hi,

I just upgraded from GW2012sp3 to GW14.0.1HP1 on SLES11sp3 with eDir and EXT3 file system. The standard client works fine but performance on the WebAccess is really bad.
I had GW and WebAccess loaded on a fairly fast Server with 20 GB ram for about 500 users with about 250 web users but web performance was BAD. In desperation I fired up a SLES XEN VM
with 4 GB ram and installed the WebAccess. This seems to work perfectly and then slowly the apps starts to die. A restart of tomcat does not fix the problem. So a reboot of the VM fixes the issue
but users need to login again and they are getting ready to revolt and go on strike 🙂

Another issue is that the Frequent Contacts address book needs to be re-added to each users (settings, options, general, add address book) as the address auto-completed is not working.

Any ideas (perhaps I should go back to GW14.01 without HP1)

John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: WebAccess performance

John,

can you monitor the memory consumption on the server?

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Thank goodness for VMs and backups. I fired up my old GW2012 webaccess VM with 4GB ram and then installed GW2014sp1 (not HP1)
and so far the box is stable and doing the webmail dance 🙂 While monitoring "top" I notice that of the 4GB allocated, 3.5GB is used
with 500 mb free. Processor usage and load is minimal.

I now suspect that there may be an issue with the HP1 version .....

Regards
John
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

John Gill wrote on 12/09/2014 01:36 PM:
> I now suspect that there may be an issue with the HP1 version .....

We'll never know 🙂 I know there are issues with a memory leak in WebAccess, but not sure which version is concerned.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I have found too many issues with GW14sp1hp1 and webaccess. The biggest issues were speed and performance. Then under load
of 200 users, some .pdf docs could not be opened and in some instances no mailbox was displayed after the login. I have now gone
back to webaccess with gw12sp3 on a VM with 4gb ram and the world is happy again.

Regards
John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.