Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Webaccess 18.2.1. Unread counter not refreshing

A user brought this to my attention before, and thought maybe it was due to 18.1.1. but seeing it still i 18.2.1. was wondering if its as designed or a bug.

Running 18.2.1 135777 Sles 15 sp1 

It appears the unread counter in Webaccess is not updating properly. 
ie. If the counter says I have 5 unread messages, and I right click to  delete one of those messages, or use the delete button - the message is gone but the unread counter still shows 5. Same thing if I just open the message to read it and then close it. Or if I mark a read item as unread. The item shows unread, but the counter does not update. If I press refresh it still shows as 5. I have the actual client open and it does make the update the mailbox/count .

The only time I find that it does update the counter in Webaccess if I click on the message, then click the delete button. Then it seems to trigger a counter update and my counter updates to match what I see in my client. (ie from 5 to 3) 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
21 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I do not really understand where the difference is in your activities:

"and I right click to  delete one of those messages, or use the delete button ..."

" if I click on the message, then click the delete button "

Both activities happen in Webaccess?

I have tried to do them same but my Webaccess is up-to-date.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

What happens if you click on the Refresh button in WebAccess - does that do the update?

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

I see a slight difference in behavior - is it a shared folder (you're not the owner)?

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi @Rimser 

"and I right click to  delete one of those messages, or use the delete button ..."

this is from  preform these action in the main mailbox screen 

" if I click on the message, then click the delete button "

if i open the message then click the delete button.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@laurabuckley 

No it doesn't seem to. Only when I open a message, delete it will it update the counter.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

No its any folder
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Unfortunately I cannot duplicate. My Webaccess is slightly newer. I have to access another environment with original 18.2.1 ... 

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@squartec  --> just to confirm... any other type of change is refreshed automatically such as new emails arriving in inbox, open a message and go back to the inbox and it displays as been read, it's just the unread email count that is incorrect?

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

So I find new emails don't automatically show in the inbox - i have to refresh or open a message to see those new messages. But even with that type of refresh, the counter in Webaccess still doesn't update.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@squartec 

Sounds like you have a general problem with Auto-Refresh.

Is your WebAccess server listening on it's IP address on port 8500 both UDP and TCP and that's accessible from the POAs on both UDP and TCP?

I recently had a customer who had blocked UDP on their firewall.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Knowledge Partner

Well, I agree to Laura. Your problem is that your POA cannot speak to WebAccess. In the beginning we just looked at the counter but Laura pushed us into the right direction!

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.