Gingrasm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Webaccess 2012 Attachments Error

I am trying to figure out a problem with users not being able to add an attachment using Webmail 12.0.1 on SLES.

The user adds the attachment to the message then gets a "Your request could not be processed due to a connection failure with the server". If the user tries the same document using another computer, the message goes through. We have seen this problem with IE, Chrome and Firefox using different versions of Windows. Installing a different browser on the same computer allowed a user to send the document.

Any ideas on where to start with this?

Thanks!

Mario
Laurentian University
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Webaccess 2012 Attachments Error

Gingrasm wrote:

> We have seen this problem with IE, Chrome and Firefox using different versions
> of Windows. Installing a different browser on the same computer allowed a
> user to send the document.

Okay - so what you are really saying is that it is widespread among just about
any combos you try, but intermittent?

Do you see any errors in any logs

/var/opt/novell/groupwise/webaccess/logs

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
write like a pro - http://www.writingwithdanita.com/
0 Likes
Gingrasm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Intermittent is not really the right word... if a user is getting that error on their PC using browser A, they get it every time they try to send an attachment from that PC using browser A. A different browser on the same PC will let them send the attachment. As far as widespread, I don't have any stats on who can and attachments and who can't. All I'm relying on are the users that have complained. However, I would guess that it is a small percentage (maybe 15-25%?).

It seems to me that browser A picked up some setting that prevents attachments. By installing another browser, it doesn't get this setting and allows the user to send properly.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gingrasm wrote:

> It seems to me that browser A picked up some setting that prevents
> attachments. By installing another browser, it doesn't get this setting and
> allows the user to send properly.

Have you checked toolbar addins, extensions, cleared the cache, etc.?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
write like a pro - http://www.writingwithdanita.com/
0 Likes
MarkDissington Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Try Ctrl-F5 on the browser with the issue. That should force it to get new copies of everything (including Javascript files which are used commonly for client side functions such as adding attachments), some times these aren't cleared when caches are. Did this issue appear after an upgrade from 12.0.0 to 12.0.1? If so, then I bet the javascript has changed and is stuck cached on that browser.

Mark.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.