gostrogorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Webaccess problem with automatic logout.

After changing the "timeout for inactive sessions" in console one at "Properities of GroupwiseWebAccess Agent" to let say 600
and the same in file webacc.cfg "Security.timeout" to 600. After approximately 30 minutes when we go back to the page where groupwiseweb site is loaded we will see only empty "client" without messages and personal data. We can go throught all
options and nothing we will see but all the time we are logged.

Can anybody know where problem is or may be ?

Gregory
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Webaccess problem with automatic logout.

Hi Gregory,

You do not state what platform you are running your GroupWise WebAccess on - kindly fill us in on platform, support pack level, etc.

Also you don't let us know what version of GroupWise 8 you are running - kindly fill us in on version, support pack level, and hot patch level.

Did you restart tomcat after applying the changes?

Let us know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

My problem resolved. I created two security timeout class for two different groups of users. It started working when we created just one group.
It seems to be not working with multiple groups of different timeouts.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

To be honest I am not sure that GroupWise 8.x WebAccess supports different timeouts for different groups, but I stand to be corrected on this.

With GroupWise 2012 WebAccess two timeouts were introduced, one for public computers and one for private computers.

Sorry that I can't be of more assistance 😞

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

it seems to be gw8 can have just one timeout class if more then will not be working.
Actually i didn't notice on the bottom of site of documentation is writing:
"You cannot set individual user timeout intervals. However, if you have multiple Web servers, you can set different timeout intervals for the Web servers by completing the above steps for each server’s WebAccess Application."
https://www.novell.com/documentation/gw8/gw8_admin/data/a3005i7.html

Thank you for your assist and information concerning groupwise 2012.

Cheers,
Gregory
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Gregory,

I am glad that your questions have been answered.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.