Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1734 views

What happened to SP2?

I thought late June, early July was it's expected release time?

Perhaps it's delayed since Sp2 Beta didn't fixed the SOAP thread maxed out
issue or perhaps even with SP2 beta, the POA DCA will abends (very hard) the
server? Seriously, is there anything that SP2 beta in fact fixed?
Personally if I had a choice, I would go back to GW 6.5 but Novell doesn't
supply a downgrade proceedure.

Sorry, I'm in a real negative mood after GroupWise ruined my entire weekend.


Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: What happened to SP2?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:51:17 GMT, "Michael Rae"
<wes@Gocolumbiamodot.com> wrote:

>I thought late June, early July was it's expected release time?


According to an email by Dean Lythgoe that was sent to ngwlist, it is
expected to be publicly available later this week.

Regards,
Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What happened to SP2?

KeN Etter wrote:

> According to an email by Dean Lythgoe that was sent to ngwlist, it is expected
> to be publicly available later this week.


Possibly even tomorrow I heard.

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Moving GroupWise to Linux?
http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What happened to SP2?

And.... Any word yet?


"DZanre" <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:mpro.l5is9o000045e01k4.dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> KeN Etter wrote:
>
>> According to an email by Dean Lythgoe that was sent to ngwlist, it is
>> expected
>> to be publicly available later this week.

>
> Possibly even tomorrow I heard.
>
> --
> Danita
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Moving GroupWise to Linux?
> http://www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html



0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: What happened to SP2?

I think it's out now. At least it shows up on the download site, under patches. Unfortunately I think it only fixes one bug that I've reported since 2009 when 8.0.1 came out. All my other bugs (either in 8.0.1, HP1, and even 8.0.2) won't be fixed until Ascot or Windermere.

Good luck.
0 Likes
gilesjp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What happened to SP2?

Its out now but only for windows and netware atm, I haven't seen anything for suse yet.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: What happened to SP2?

It's the 2nd item listed in the box that shows items in the last 60 days, once you click on "patches" from download.novell.com
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What happened to SP2?

They were all available last night. I've downloaded it, but was hoping
someone else would apply it first. 🙂

On 7/15/10 2:06 PM, kjhurni wrote:
>
> It's the 2nd item listed in the box that shows items in the last 60
> days, once you click on "patches" from download.novell.com
>
>


0 Likes
joebrug Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: What happened to SP2?

I've applied.. no issues so far. havent deployed client everywhere yet

#novell on efnet
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What happened to SP2?

I don't guess they fixed the post office agent SOAP maxed out thread issue
or is that now a feature?

"joebrug" <joebrug@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:joebrug.4e5sjb@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> I've applied.. no issues so far. havent deployed client everywhere yet
>
>
> --
> #novell on efnet
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> joebrug's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=103
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=415478
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What happened to SP2?

LOL, I was kind of watching and hoping you would deploy and report back.
I'm scared to unleash it. Nothing 8.x has been very friendly to us.

On 7/20/10 4:08 PM, Michael Rae wrote:
> I don't guess they fixed the post office agent SOAP maxed out thread issue
> or is that now a feature?
>


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.