Re: Where is the MAC-Client for GW?

In article <gO5iD.207$h_7.90@novprvlin0913.provo.novell.com>, Nntp-user
wrote:
> Just now get the info from our customer ... migrate to M$X because there
> is no native MAC-Client for GW since years ... ~300 GW-User, but only 17
> MAC!

Preaching to the choir here.
Make sure your Micro Focus rep knows about this, as the level that makes
that sort of decisions don't typically see these forums.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
https://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please show
your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
sveld1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hardly a surprise for PM as this is going on for over a decade;
https://www1.v1ideas.com/MFI/mf-gw/Idea/Detail/320

Best regards, Sebastiaan Veld If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
greiner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Groupwise Mac-Client 8.02HP4 works fine with all Version of Groupwise, also gw18.02, also with the new mac os mojave!
0 Likes
sveld1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cgreiner;2487148 wrote:
Groupwise Mac-Client 8.02HP4 works fine with all Version of Groupwise, also gw18.02, also with the new mac os mojave!

It may still work, have not looked at that for quite some time. The problems are in a nutsheel (also well documented in the idea portal);
* Needs JAVA on a Mac, customers do not want that... (really its 2018, security issues etc)
* Does not look like a Mac kind of software, nor looks like GroupWise on Windows, makes customer users really unhappy.
* Misses a -lot- of functions found in the GW client on Windows.
* Horribly slow and unstable in my experience (and yes I used it for quite a while on my Mac).
* Outdated looks

I really wound suggest not to let users work with this as that will only work agains you.

Best regards, Sebastiaan Veld If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
coalis
New Member.

Cgreiner;2487148 wrote:

Does not support SSL3 web links. Throws an error on every single embedded link to a site with the new security. Been dealing with this for the last year and it's a pain. Having to move Mac clients to MacMail connected to GW server. Apple Java 6 also required and that is way outdated. All our AV apps tag it as a severe security risk. Also waiting for Micro Focus to address 64-bit clients for iPrint and Kanaka. No news and Micro Focus wants us to use more of their products. We're looking to drop all Micro Focus/Novell products and move to Microsoft. Support has been horrible.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

coalis;2498588 wrote:
We're looking to drop all Micro Focus/Novell products and move to Microsoft. Support has been horrible.

I understand your frustration!

These forums are community supported; we are not Micro Focus employees. Micro Focus employees do not necessarily monitor these forums and may not therefore even see your comments.

Micro Focus does have an Ideas / Enhancement Request portal where users can suggest enhancements to a product. The Micro Focus Product Managers do see those requests. There is a specific section for GroupWise requests and there just happens to be a request for a Fully featured Mac desktop client.

I must caution you that just because a certain feature is requested it is still up to the Product Manager to decide if or when a new feature might be implemented. Still, I suggest you cast your vote for the enhancements you would like to see and add any comments you feel might influence the Product Manager's decision.
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.