Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Where's the Attachment Size Limit set?

I really don't recall setting attachment size limits in Groupwise 2014 R2, but we have it setup somewhere. I have a user trying to sent out an attachment to a customer that is 40.8MB in size, and Groupwise comes back to them and says this:

"The size of this item and its attachments is 40.8 MB. This exceeds the administrator specified limit of 29.3MB.
This message cannot be sent. Please remove some attachments and try again."

I logged into the domain with the GWIA , click on the internet agent GWIA, Access Control, Settings, Class of Service, clicked on the only item in the list
which is "Default Calss of Service. It pops up with an "Edit Class of Service" window. I can see SMTP incoming does NOT have "Prevent messages larger than 0KB" checked, SMTP outgoing also does NOT have "Prevent messages lager than 0KB" checked.

If I check Access Control, SMTP Relay settings, same thing: "Prevent messages larger than 0KB" is NOT checked.

So.....where the heck is this setting that says 29.3MB?? Help.

Thanks,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Where's the Attachment Size Limit set?

Hi Val,

I'd check the Link Configuration of your MTA links as size limits may be set there too.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok, Thanks Laura. I'll take a look there.

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, that wasn't it. The Maximum send size there is 0 inbound and outbound....

Could this have been a holdover from our Groupwise 8 system, somehow? We may have had a limitation back then as I recall our mail relay provider limited us.....But you would think this would be easy to find..someplace in the system!

Val

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oh, I found another thread (from GW8) that helped me. I went into the domain, to client options, Send, disk space management. Sure enough, in the User Limits (I had to unlock to change) there is a setting for Maximum Send message size and it is at 30,000 KB. Not quite 29.3, but close enough. I upped it to 60 (since it is message size not attachment size) and did a test send with an attachment that was over 30MB and it went out fine, no errors.

So, problem solved! What a challenge finding that!

Thanks everyone.

Val

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <iliadmin.7pjwhb@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Iliadmin
wrote:
> Maximum Send message size and it is at 30,000 KB. Not quite 29.3, but
> close enough

1 MB = 1024 KB, so 30,000 KB = 29.296875 MB, or rounded up to 29.3 MB

that is why drive sizes appear smaller than advertised, a "1 TB" is
really about a 1,000,000,000 Byte sized drive, but computers see it as
a 0.931 TB drive.

Computers see 1024 as a nice round number, where as it is us wetware
that prefers 1000 as a nice round number.

As you found there are a few places to hide the difference limits. So
a while back I tried to list them all in one place
http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwlimits.htm
Now to finish updating that page for GW 2014 as I've found there are
some key differences.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Andy! Very helpful. I have PDF'd for my procedures folder. 🙂

Val

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.