jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Who's using external entities & GW authentication?

I'm just taking an informal survey. If you're using external entities
and GW authentication for the Mobility Connector, would you mind
sharing details on your environment? In particular I'm curious how
many external entitites you have vs how many regular GroupWise users.

Thanks.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
MarkDissington Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Who's using external entities & GW authentication?

Hi Joe,

We're a small shop Mobility-wise and have 1 External Entity vs 10 Regular GW accounts

M
0 Likes
dharvey121 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MarkDissington;2181378 wrote:
Hi Joe,

We're a small shop Mobility-wise and have 1 External Entity vs 10 Regular GW accounts

M

🙂 I have about 8 external users and about 30 GroupWise users. NO problems so far. The only issue I have seen is that a external entity cannot login into the data management without Novell login credentials. So in our environment if a user doesn't want to sync a particular folder we can uncheck it for them. So far most users want to see everything.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

We have lots of external entities, but we don't have any plans to use them with Mobility (ie, we'd do "regular" accounts). Mainly for the benefit of LDAP/eDir intruder lockouts, etc. and our POA are set to LDAP auth.
0 Likes
tleimbach Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a customer, who want to use external entities with datasync an GW authentication.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.