Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows 8: Folder List not Displaying on login

The folder list is not displaying / expanding on initial login to the 12.0.0 or the 12.0.1 client. The only item displayed is "Home". Selecting any of the ribbon menus will change into the selection and during the refresh the folder list appears.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Windows 8: Folder List not Displaying on login

To the best of my knowledge.... the GroupWise client is not yet officially supported on Windows 8.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge.... the GroupWise client is not yet
> officially supported on Windows 8.

Correct, that is currently targeted for 2012 SP2.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
BrainShare 2013 is coming! http://www.brainshare.com

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

TASNovell;2239008 wrote:
The folder list is not displaying / expanding on initial login to the 12.0.0 or the 12.0.1 client. The only item displayed is "Home". Selecting any of the ribbon menus will change into the selection and during the refresh the folder list appears.

Yes, I can confirm this behavior on Windows 8. As others already stated the GroupWise 2012 client will be supported on Windows 8 starting 2012 SP2. Not workarounds to offer you other than refreshing the view after starting the client so it will show the folder list. Or make use of the favorites folder.

-Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any timeline on 2012 SP2?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TASNovell wrote:

> Any timeline on 2012 SP2?

Later this year. Expect to see various announcements during BrainShare
which is in a few weeks.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
BrainShare 2013 is coming! http://www.brainshare.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

magic31;2239821 wrote:
Yes, I can confirm this behavior on Windows 8. As others already stated the GroupWise 2012 client will be supported on Windows 8 starting 2012 SP2. Not workarounds to offer you other than refreshing the view after starting the client so it will show the folder list. Or make use of the favorites folder.

-Willem

FWIW, I'm not seeing this issue anymore... folder list apears upon start without having to refresh. Haven't really changed anything on my two Windows 8 setups... but possibly it could have something to do with how quickly the client can find a connection to our Vibe site. As it's over a WAN speed for that connection varies.

Other than the folder listing, haven't had any other issues and the GroupWise 2012 SP1 client is working well for me. Vibe integrations also are working normally.
And on a side note, the Vibe AddIn also works well with Office 2013.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jmarton;2239277 wrote:
laurabuckley wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge.... the GroupWise client is not yet
> officially supported on Windows 8.

Correct, that is currently targeted for 2012 SP2.

--
We're your Novell--again. re: focus
BrainShare 2013 is coming! IT conference | BrainShare 2014

And... the issue still resides in GW2012 SP2... Support isn't what it used to be...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

e rottier wrote:

> And... the issue still resides in GW2012 SP2... Support isn't what it
> used to be...

Have you opened an SR?

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The fix didn't make it into the shipping SP2 patch. Please open an SR with Novell and ask for a more recent FTF client. That will resolve the issue.

Pam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

probello;2303836 wrote:
The fix didn't make it into the shipping SP2 patch. Please open an SR with Novell and ask for a more recent FTF client. That will resolve the issue.

Pam

I recently opened up an SR for Calendar items not displaying and received and FTF 12.0.2-111981 and while it fix the shared calendar issue it did not fix the Windows 8 issue with the folder list not displaying until GW is refreshed. I will be opening a new SR to see if there is another FTF to correct this issue and hope it doesn't break something else.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TASNovell;2239008 wrote:

12.0.2 didn't fix this, and the README for 12.0.3 doesn't mention it, either. Did I miss something? Now that we've deployed a few hundred Windows 8 laptops, it's become an issue. Searched for related posts in forum, this is the only one that comes up.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.