ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows GW2014 Agent, file system rights

GW2012 (physical) Upgrade to GW2014r2 (vMware)

Do the groupwise agents, run as services, require a unique login and associated NTFS permissions? Would there be a (file system rights) difference between mapped, TCP, or UNC access to a post office on the same server?

Appreciate to hear any experiences.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

It is advisable to run your GroupWise agents as services on a Windows server. You may run them as Administrator and indeed I have found that this is the most hassle free way to do it. I have run into issues in the past, even on Linux, with changing the the root/admin user to a different user.

Hope that assists you in some way.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.