Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

admin console prompts for user certificate?

When we attempt login to the GWadmin console we're prompted to provide a user side certificate. I've tried a number of approaches but none of my certificates are accepted. The only way to go beyond the prompt is to hit the escape key.  This began last year with or maybe even the year before.

I've looked at the fine documentation but have yet to find any mention of mutual authentication in the web admin. I don't really care about having an extra prompt but affects my help desk people and can be difficult to explain to management when they ask about it.

Thanks all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@raronson 

Hi,

Yes, I've seen this but I have not quite figured out the exact sequence of events that triggers what your graphic shows. The only thing that I know about the VM I'm seeing this on is that it is domain joined to AD with an auto-provisioned certificate pushed to the workstation.  I will try to do some further investigation for you.

If you click on Cancel it will go past it.

And apologies for the slow response.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Yeah, I haven't got a handle on it yet either. My admin servers are all running on SLES 12sp5, my workstations are all domain joined. I was going to check on the groupwise admin service config, see if it had something in config file for PKI authentication or client side certificates. So far I haven't seen anything.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.