Commander
Commander

all folders are empty but () show unread

Hi All,

I have a user that was messing with GW settings and I can't find the way to reset the GW 18.0.1 client to defaults.  Any folder that shows messages in the web client downs nothing in the full client.  Caching mode and online mode show the same results, resetting the view to gw2014 defaults does not fix it and even CTRL-F shows nothing in 1 second.  What has my user done?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Do you mean that everything looks as it should in WebAccess while it's "garbled" in the fat client?

Did you already run a gwcheck with "reset client options" against this mailbox?

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

The messages are like hidden or all white, you can't select them.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Lazy answer.

Try uninstalling / reboot then reinstalling the client.

Deleting the groupwise directory under appdata\local or roaming\novell 

(yeah it still goes into novell).

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

"reset client options" is that run while GW client is in RAM?  is there instructions on how to do this?  Will it nuke the users signature?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

You can run GWCheck "standalone" or from the admin console. In the GWAC, while on the user object in question, click "Maintenance" and select "Reset Client Options" from the "Action" dropdown-list. The user should be logged off from GW. No open instances of client, notify whatsoever. I'd export signatures before (to be on the safe side), but normally (i.e. without further parameters) they shouldn't get touched.

Did you ever try this account from another WS?

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Our servers are Linux based, not windows.  I was trying to run it on a workstation.  The user went to the welcome screen and then home and said it fixed itself.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.