Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

antivirus solution

Hello everyone!

Advice needed.

We're going to implement document exchange with GroupWise library. One of a questions is what to do with antivirus. We found some info about product named GWAVA. It is good fact that we can use our current antivirus NLM through GWAVA "interface" to GW. But should this work with document library or only with email messages? Seems like GWAVA work based on MTA, but document exchange through library doesn't employ MTA. Is this correct?

Please, if anyone has such an experience, reply.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: antivirus solution

Eduard V. Leukhin wrote:

> But should this work with document library or only with email messages

Neither GWAVA nor any other vendor really has access directly to the DMS
system (i.e, there are no trusted-app APIs to DMS yet). This means that
your real method of interception will be either at the desktop, or by making
the "check-out/save" directory for your users on a server that has active
scanning available. For example, if I have AV at the desktop, opening the
document will catch it. If I have scanning on a NetWare server, putting the
"temp" document for DMS in a user's home directory would also catch it.

--
Danita Zanre
Novell Support Forums Volunteer
GroupWise 7 Upgrade Guide!
www.caledonia.net/gw7upg.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.