Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

can't display outlook 2010 embedded screenshots in GWise 12!

Hi,

we've a big customer, who sends us mails with screenshots ( for example, an excel sheet ), directly in the mailtext! The customer is using outlook 2010 and we are using GroupWise 2012 12.0.3! If we open the mails, we cannot see any screenshot, we get only a text mail!

Any idea what was wrong? Encoding? GWIA? Exchange problem? How can i test, which system is the problem?

Thanks for any idea!

Regards,
Norbert
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: can't display outlook 2010 embedded screenshots in GWise

Hi Norbert

There have been problems with the way Exchange/Outlook stores a contact's details and sends information. The easiest thing to start with is to get the sender [in Outlook] to delete the recipient [GroupWise user] from their address books - all of them! Then send an new e-mail thus creating a new contact. The information should, with Outlook 2010, be sent out in the "correct" format.

Another thing, seeing as they are a big customer - have they perhaps created "external" e-mail addresses in their Exchange system in order to add you to internal address books? A question worth asking as that could be an issue too if they haven't created the entries correctly!

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Norbert

Further to what I've said above, we can do some testing from my Exchange system to test. Send me an e-mail: Laura dot Buckley at itdynamics dot co dot za

I look forward to hearing from back from you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

thanks for your answer, very interesting! I know about problems with appointment ( ical ) transfer from outlook to groupwise with entries in the systemadressbook from exchange, but not associated with embedded screenshots?

Very great, if you could send me some screenshots from your outlook system! I send you an mail from my Groupwise 2012 ( Client 12.0.3 built 118451 ), so you can answer! On our servers, we've installed Gwise 12.0.3HP1!

Many thanks to you,
Regards,
Norbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

tests with Laura where successfull, so the next step is to get informations about the addressbook entries from our big customer! If possible, to delete our e-mail contacts in outlook!

Regards,
Norbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: can't display outlook 2010 embedded screenshots in GWise 12!

In article <NSuttner.6u1wvc@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, NSuttner wrote:
> so the next step is to get
> informations about the addressbook entries from our big customer! If
> possible, to delete our e-mail contacts in outlook!

There is a field in the Outlook/Exchange contacts that says treat this
contact as a if they are also running Outlook/Exchange which then has
the email going out do odd proprietary Exchange things that don't work
with most other email systems. Something along the lines of "Always
send to this recipient in Microsoft Exchange Rich Text Format" needs to
be turned off of the contacts.

I believe this doc covers enough to get you going
http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290809

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.