Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

changing password for RESOURCE

Hello,
we're on GW2014sp2 and I have a resource with a password that is forgotten. I can take ownership of the resource and proxy to it, but it has a password that I can't clear/change. In the GW web admin console, the only password reset option I could find for a Resource is under the Client Options/Security but that doesn't seem to do anything. thanks for your help.
Herbert
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: changing password for RESOURCE

Herbert,

as the owner, you should be able to change the password from within the GW client when you switch to the resource.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

buckesfeld;2402531 wrote:
Herbert,

as the owner, you should be able to change the password from within the GW client when you switch to the resource.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner

It prompts for the current password, so no happiness here.
thanks
Herbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Herbert,

changing the resource PW through the admin console didn't work here, either.

What did work was Maintenance, Reset Client Options, Clear user's set password.
After that, I could proxy into the resource as the owner and set a new password without being prompted for the old one.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ahh, forgot I could clear the password using maintenance. Thanks for taking the time to figure it out.
Herbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NP, I would have been faster if I'd read your original message thoroughly 😉

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.