Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

config for small GW install

I'm planning to deploy on a small server using KVM our old server for a small community group

the server has 2.3Ghz dualcore Xeon, 8Gb ram, 300Gb RAID1 Hard disk - no real budget for additional storage

Plan is to deploy this on KVM - also need a Vibe install on the same server - so host and 2 VM's
current User Data is 30Gb

Usually with OES I allow 80Gb (500Mb Boot, 4Gb Swap, 20Gb /, 15Gb /var and rest as home which stores install files etc)

which I know is OTT but in this case would leave me very for data!!!

What is practical for "small" OES VM & Vibe ?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm not sure I totally understand the question. Are you asking how big a GW OES server needs to be? Or are you asking how big Vibe needs to be? I mean, I've gotten away with as small as 50 GB for OES, but I'm thinking it might be a better question for the OES folks. For GroupWise I usually tell people they should have "storage" allocated for GW itself that is at least twice the size of their expected PO size.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.