Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

create a rule on mail delivery failure

Hello,

Is it possible to create a rule in the Groupwise client, that when a message bounce back (mail delivery failure) from our relay provider, that the email will be forwarded to an internal recipient.

At the moment I cant get it to work. Moving that bounced email to a folder in Groupwise does work.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: create a rule on mail delivery failure

Hi,

I've just created a rule to test the above scenario and have built the rule as follows:

When new mail is received and subject contains "mail delivery failure"

then

Move mail to folder called Undeliverable

then

Forward message as attachment (my preferred forward method to preserve mime header information) to [designated address]

End Rule Processing

I've tested the above rule and it works perfectly on my GW8.0.2HP2 system with GW8.0.2HP3 client.

Perhaps post more details of your rule here and we can assist you with troubleshooting it.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your reply,
I've created the rule as you suggested, the mail is moved to another folder, but then its not forwarded.

If I sent an email manually to that mail box (inside the groupwise system and external gmail), with the subject mail delivery failure, it does work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* bertjanv,

you have to allow forwading of rule generated messages in the GWIA.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Correct but they are enabled, in the gwia object --> access control --> Default class of service (edit). Tab SMTP Outgoing

Enabled are:
-Allow outgoing messages
-Allow Replies
-Allow Forwards

no exceptions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* bertjanv,

any errors in the logs of POA/GWIA?

Does it work *once* if you disable the rule, save, enable it again?

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, it never worked, I've created a SR by Novell now. Thanks for your help. And I'll post the solution here, if there is one 😉
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[Bug 818293] Rule-based forwarding of undeliverable messages does not work

And probally not being solved in GW8 and 2012.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thank you for posting back and letting us know the bug number. Much appreciated 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2253838 wrote:
Hi,

I've just created a rule to test the above scenario and have built the rule as follows:

When new mail is received and subject contains "mail delivery failure"

then

Move mail to folder called Undeliverable

then

Forward message as attachment (my preferred forward method to preserve mime header information) to [designated address]

End Rule Processing

I've tested the above rule and it works perfectly on my GW8.0.2HP2 system with GW8.0.2HP3 client.

Perhaps post more details of your rule here and we can assist you with troubleshooting it.

Cheers,

I have a very similar issue to this. If I have a bounce back, I want to have that email address extracted to another doc... can be anything... TXT file, Word, Excel.... just something where I can maintain bad emails. Any Ideas anyone?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.