Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
hydepark Contributor.
Contributor.

default user registry setting keeps changing

GW2014 r2.  I have one user that the registry key for the default user, which I did not set in the first place, keeps changing to another user.  This computer is shared by two users, but the user that the setting changes to is not one of the two users.  I change the setting, reboot the computer, the setting stays.  Power off the computer at night, next day, setting has been changed to the wrong user.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: default user registry setting keeps changing

Power off the computer at night, next day, setting has been changed to the wrong user.

is it always the same wrong user?  and has that user logged in overnight as you can see from the POA logs? My first suspicion is that someone is using that system overnight and this is one way to see if that is happening.

Another possibility is that there is an OS level issue happening. Running the basic maintenance of clearing temp files(Ccleaner or at least DiskCleanup), defragmenting the local drive and ensuring that it is fully patched has a decent enough chance to either stop the issue or better reveal what is causing it.  Make sure AV is up to date and active.

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.