Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

delete key not working

We're running GW 8.0 SP1 installed via the msi downloaded from Novell's
website. I've had a few users who has reported that they've been unable
to use the delete key. Not every time, but occasionally. It seems like
it doesn't work anywhere in GroupWise (i.e. while you're typing, or
trying to delete an e-mail)

Happens in both online mode and caching mode.

Any ideas?

Howard
Labels (2)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: delete key not working

Nuri Inuki wrote:
> We're running GW 8.0 SP1 installed via the msi downloaded from Novell's
> website. I've had a few users who has reported that they've been unable
> to use the delete key. Not every time, but occasionally. It seems like
> it doesn't work anywhere in GroupWise (i.e. while you're typing, or
> trying to delete an e-mail)
>
> Happens in both online mode and caching mode.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Howard

Can you reproduce it?

--
Gert

Novell Knowledge Partner

Owner, independent consultant
www.GWCheck.com
"the best GW site" - Tay Kratzer

gert@gwcheck.com
1677@gwpoa.com
Skype, Twitter, Facebook: GWCheck

"How should I know if it works?
That's what beta testers are for.
I only coded it." - Linus Torvalds
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Gert wrote:
> Can you reproduce it?
>

Unfortunately not. And it's intermittent. Not consistent. So I've been
unable to pinpoint when exactly it does it. But shutting down and
reopening the client definitely fixes the problem...temporarily.
0 Likes
dougdeden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just encountered this same behavior for the first time yesterday. Client 8.0.1, build 88138. I've been using that client for several months. Exiting and restarting the client cleared it up, as it did for Nuri/Howard.

If I can reproduce it, I'll post a followup.

...doug
0 Likes
zackrussell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If I mark a task completed in the quickviewer, prior to accepting it, it will make the delete key stop working. I can usually press Tab and then shift-Tab and the delete key will work again.

This bug has been around since 6.5 (at least).

Zack
0 Likes
grpadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just to add to this post, I have also seen a user who could not use the delete key, not only you. And may be some others will on to this list

Nuri Inuki;1901872 wrote:
We're running GW 8.0 SP1 installed via the msi downloaded from Novell's
website. I've had a few users who has reported that they've been unable
to use the delete key. Not every time, but occasionally. It seems like
it doesn't work anywhere in GroupWise (i.e. while you're typing, or
trying to delete an e-mail)

Happens in both online mode and caching mode.

Any ideas?

Howard
0 Likes
Absent Member.

On 3/4/2010 4:36 PM, zackrussell wrote:
>
> If I mark a task completed in the quickviewer, prior to accepting it, it
> will make the delete key stop working. I can usually press Tab and then
> shift-Tab and the delete key will work again.
>
> This bug has been around since 6.5 (at least).
>
> Zack
>
>

We're still having this problem. Running GW 8 SP 1 HP 1, build 89145.
I know my user isn't messing around with tasks as he uses GW for the
very most basic function, e-mails only. The worst part is...he's the
CEO. 😞

Howard
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I have seen it happen too and I have two users. It comes and goes. Rebooting does not always fix it. We are running 8.0.1 HP1 client. I wonder if they fixed it in 8.0.2 client? Anybody find anything on it?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I just started having a user who is complaining of the same issue. He is using GW 8.0.1 client. Anyone know of a fix for this? Will this be addressed in an upcoming release of the GW8 client?
0 Likes
rberg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Install 8.0.2 client. You can install the newer client on the older server
install. (within the 8 family)

>>> dcharles226<dcharles226@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 10/13/10 9:06 AM >>>

I just started having a user who is complaining of the same issue. He is
using GW 8.0.1 client. Anyone know of a fix for this? Will this be
addressed in an upcoming release of the GW8 client?

‑‑
dcharles226
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑â
€‘‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑â€
‘‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
dcharles226's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=33041
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=395251

0 Likes
ucba Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't know if this problem has ever been sorted, or a work around found, however, it seems to be part of the core product. I'm using Groupwise 2012 12.0.2 26/3/2013 and the delete key not working is common for a number of people. I'm a comprehensive user of Groupwise and haven't been able to figure out what sequence will activate the problem. It's become quicker just to close and restart Groupwise. I also run Groupwise under Linux 8.0.2 14/9/11 and while I don't use this as much I never see the DEL key not working problem. Maybe it's been re-introduced.

I'll try the tab - back tab and see if that solves it as a work around as suggested elsewhere in this post. I also note that CRTL C and CTRL V don't work at the same time the DEL doesn't work. I have to use the right click menu to copy text. I'm a big copy and paste man! Anyway, saw this post so figured I'd add my two cents worth as feedback on the problem.
Eric.
0 Likes
ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ucba;2307701 wrote:
I don't know if this problem has ever been sorted, or a work around found, however, it seems to be part of the core product. I'm using Groupwise 2012 12.0.2 26/3/2013 and the delete key not working is common for a number of people. I'm a comprehensive user of Groupwise and haven't been able to figure out what sequence will activate the problem. It's become quicker just to close and restart Groupwise. I also run Groupwise under Linux 8.0.2 14/9/11 and while I don't use this as much I never see the DEL key not working problem. Maybe it's been re-introduced.

I'll try the tab - back tab and see if that solves it as a work around as suggested elsewhere in this post. I also note that CRTL C and CTRL V don't work at the same time the DEL doesn't work. I have to use the right click menu to copy text. I'm a big copy and paste man! Anyway, saw this post so figured I'd add my two cents worth as feedback on the problem.
Eric.

ALSO happens in Gw2014 R2 client same symptoms as UCBA

Quite annoying having to restart the client every time though
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I have never experienced this issue, not in any version of GroupWise! I am not discounting your experience. If you do indeed think it is a bug you should open an SR in order to get it reported to Novell and logged as a bug in their bug tracking system. If Novell are not aware of this then they are unable to fix it.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2428988 wrote:
Hi,

I have never experienced this issue, not in any version of GroupWise! I am not discounting your experience. If you do indeed think it is a bug you should open an SR in order to get it reported to Novell and logged as a bug in their bug tracking system. If Novell are not aware of this then they are unable to fix it.

Cheers,

The problem with this is it is so random but quite annoying when it does happen. Opening an SR and then not being able to replicate the issue is the difficulty. I get users banging keyboards, cussin' and so on.
0 Likes
ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Suddenly discovered something that I can keep an eye on....

If you have a user who is working on multiple emails at one time and has an email send pending with spell checker running, When the focus is on another email in the foreground you cannot delete, etc until you go to the email with spell checker running and click on ok to send once checking has completed - If that makes sense.

i.e. the other email is awaiting the user input and causing issues editing the email you are working on now.

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.