mduelgeroglu Absent Member.
Absent Member.
4541 views

disable eMail sync with Groupwise

Hi,

We have Groupwise 8.0.2, Data Synchronizer with Groupwise and Mobility Connector and many Android and iPhone Devices.

Our company policy forbiddens the synchronizing of emails. So I created profiles in the Groupwise connector and checked out the email.

Now when I configure a Android device to sync with Mobility Connector, i can choose on the device: email, calendar, contacts. If i choose email...it synchronizes them. why??

you have any solutions?

In the GMS 3.0 or erlier I had profiles where i could configure everything. why it don't work in Novell Data Synchronizer?

Thank you for any answers.

Best Regards
Michael
Labels (1)
0 Likes
13 Replies
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

mduelgeroglu wrote:

> Our company policy forbiddens the synchronizing of emails. So I
> created profiles in the Groupwise connector and checked out the email.
>
> Now when I configure a Android device to sync with Mobility Connector,
> i can choose on the device: email, calendar, contacts. If i choose
> email...it synchronizes them. why??


Instead of using a profile, what if you disable syncing of e-mail &
folders directly within the properties of the GW connector?

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

Not to hyjack this but would that work too if you wanted to disable contacts
sync too?

"Joseph Marton" <jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:i8Xzo.73028$N74.28103@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> mduelgeroglu wrote:


> Instead of using a profile, what if you disable syncing of e-mail &
> folders directly within the properties of the GW connector?
>
> --
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms



0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

Michael Rae wrote:

> Not to hyjack this but would that work too if you wanted to disable
> contacts sync too?


Theoretically, yes. 🙂

I'm trying to determine if perhaps e-mail sync can't be disabled at
all. Always possible that could apply to other components as well.
Just need to disable the item in the connector, and possibly
delete/readd the user (or add a new one who's never been in Mobility at
all).

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
mduelgeroglu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

I did...anyway you only can set any option in the GW connector.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

mduelgeroglu wrote:

> I did...anyway you only can set any option in the GW connector.


Ok, I'll ask if this is a known issue. As I recall in GMS you couldn't
disable e-mail sync, only other components (at least with earlier
versions of GMS).

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

mduelgeroglu wrote:

> I did...anyway you only can set any option in the GW connector.


Also... after unchecking e-mail & folders in the GW connector, did you
restart the connector for this to take effect? In addition, did you
try either adding a new user afterword or deleting/readding an existing
user?

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

This might not be a good thing to do, every since I turned off contact sync
under the GW connector, all sync foe new message has stopped for all my
users.

They can send but they aren't getting email,

I have no clue now, I should have called in sick this morning as I came into
a bee's nest this morning (Those iPhone users can get really demanding....).


"Joseph Marton" <jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:vQXzo.73042$N74.22281@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Michael Rae wrote:
>
>> Not to hyjack this but would that work too if you wanted to disable
>> contacts sync too?

>
> Theoretically, yes. 🙂
>
> I'm trying to determine if perhaps e-mail sync can't be disabled at
> all. Always possible that could apply to other components as well.
> Just need to disable the item in the connector, and possibly
> delete/readd the user (or add a new one who's never been in Mobility at
> all).
>
> --
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms



0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

Michael Rae wrote:

> This might not be a good thing to do, every since I turned off
> contact sync under the GW connector, all sync foe new message has
> stopped for all my users.
>
> They can send but they aren't getting email,


Any errors in either connector log?

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

mduelgeroglu wrote:

>
> I did...anyway you only can set any option in the GW connector.


Verified with Novell there aren't any known issues, so if you've
disable it in the connector and restarted it and e-mail is still
syncing you'll want to open an SR.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
mduelgeroglu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

i'll go thru the logs and if there's nothing then i will oppen a SR
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

I didn't get the chance to go over them, I had too many wonderful
understanding users who believed that they needed their mobile email asap.

I un-installed, re-installed 115 and I'm back up working which the only
thing that I know I did was unchecked address book sync under the mobility
connector in the early afternoon which was when all new email stopped going
to the devices.

Is it Friday yet?


"Joseph Marton" <jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:G7fAo.148$325.88@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Michael Rae wrote:
>
>> This might not be a good thing to do, every since I turned off
>> contact sync under the GW connector, all sync foe new message has
>> stopped for all my users.
>>
>> They can send but they aren't getting email,

>
> Any errors in either connector log?
>
> --
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms



0 Likes
molker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

got the same issue, did you find it out?? thanks for your answer
0 Likes
mduelgeroglu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: disable eMail sync with Groupwise

hello

the solution is: there's no solution until next update.

we have found that the emails transfered on initial sync only. after that new mails won't sync.

yesterday our novell support partner told me that the issue will be solved in the next update which will be released in 1 or 2 weeks.

regards
michael
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.