davemrm
Visitor.

does Blocked email go anywhere it could be recovered?

Despite me recommending repeatedly that users not use the Groupwise Junk Mail Block list, or at least be very careful and selective about using it, I just discovered a user missed numerous critical email messages because he had a domain in his Block list; unfortunately these can't easily be re-sent, there's no person to call.

I can see in the GWIA log that the messages were received and queued to the MTA. From there do they go anywhere where they could be recovered, or do they just disappear at that point?

Thanks for any help (and sorry if I should have posted somewhere else... Junk Mail Handling is set in the client, but I know it's actually done by the server)
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: does Blocked email go anywhere it could be recovered?

Davemrm,

> Despite me recommending repeatedly that users not use the Groupwise Junk
> Mail Block list, or at least be very careful and selective about using
> it, I just discovered a user missed numerous critical email messages
> because he had a domain in his Block list; unfortunately these can't
> easily be re-sent, there's no person to call.
>
> I can see in the GWIA log that the messages were received and queued to
> the MTA. From there do they go anywhere where they could be recovered,
> or do they just disappear at that point?
>
> Thanks for any help (and sorry if I should have posted somewhere else...
> Junk Mail Handling is set in the client, but I know it's actually done
> by the server)

Unfortunately it's not stored anywhere. It is just deleted by the system.

Pam

0 Likes
davemrm
Visitor.

Re: does Blocked email go anywhere it could be recovered?

That's what I figured. I really want to disable the block list with a domain or post office setting, but the guy who signs my paycheck insists he must have it even though he's the one who has repeatedly lost emails because of it. I once discovered he had ".com" by itself in his block list!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.