Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dsapp Health Check - Unable to test LDAP connection

dsapp v239 GMS 14.2.0

dsapp Health Check consistently reported that it was "Unable to test LDAP connection" even though other LDAP functions appeared to be working okay. I also confirmed that the Admin ID and password were correct. After nosing around in the dsapp_ghc.py script and dsapp logs, I found that my Admin ID's Full DN contains a space in one of its OUs. This caused ldapsearch run by dsapp_ghc.py to fail with "Invalid credentials (49)".

I fixed this by putting double-quotes around the Admin Full DN in the Config > User Source page. Doing this also updated /etc/datasync/configengine/configengine.xml.

CB
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

dsapp didn't handle spaces or unique characters properly in the context or password. These are all fixed in v240 of dsapp
I also fixed postgres logins with unique passwords.

You'll be able to remove the double quotes on the admin > config page with v240

Thanks!

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.