Commodore
Commodore

dsc-files after upgrade

After upgrading from 18.2.1 to 18.3 I had to manually copy the dc-files to the primary domain; before doing so IMAP and WebAccess users weren't able to login. The same happened when I upgraded to 18.2.

Why doesn't the install do this job? Is it possibly a problem with my installation?

OES 2018 SP1, NCS, NSS

0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @mguldner ,

after installing the binaries did you follow the upgrade procedure (=config)?

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Diethmar,

In the installer I only chose "Install" not the "Configure" option. Ever since I am working with GW it is unclear to me which upate/upgrade requires which procedure: FTF (build from an SR), Service Pack, Minor Release, Major Release. Recently before upgrading to 18.2 in context of a SR I asked the engineer about that - and he told me no configure is necessary because it's only a code upgrade, no database upgrade. Wrong?

Thanks, Mirko

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi Mirko,

so this consultant/engineer is wrong. You have to run an upgrade/configure part. For each server running GroupWise components - except WebAccess.

If it is a SP or FTF you probably do not have to run config. However if there any doubts, do it. It does not hurt 😉

Diethmar Rimser
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@mguldner 

Please email me the SR number privately @ tarik.baki@microfocus.com and we will investigate where they got their info from.

Thanks

Tarik

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Diethmar,

thanks for the info.

Since you mentioned WebAccess: another information I got from another engineer is to always run configure for the Java based components - so for WebAccess, Calendar Publishing and Calendar Server I always did that.

Best regards,

Mirko

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Yes, that's fine, Mirko.

I would recommend this too. It's an healing activity 👍

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.