Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
nlandas Absent Member.
Absent Member.

eDir User Sync and Dynamic Groups and Distribution Lists

Alright, so I followed TID 3074853 on how to set up a Group as a Distribution List and then use iManager to turn it into a Dynamic Group. Then the eDirectory User Synchronization should update members of the Distribution lists based on these groups when it runs each night. The new Distribution Lists show up but have no members.

I have eDir User Sync enabled and the agent says that it has eDirectory access (yes).
I've checked my LDAP user is a trustee of the tree with [All Attribute Rights], select Compare and Read.
I've logged into LDAP using a browser and that user to confirm that it can see those new groups and see each member listed.
All the dynamic users are showing as member(s) of the groups in question.

When I go into the address book, I see the Distribution Lists based on those Dynamic Groups but no one is listed in the Distribution List. 😞

Can someone steer me in the right direction of what to do to diagnose the issue? :cool: Thank you.

-Nyle
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: eDir User Sync and Dynamic Groups and Distribution Lists

nlandas,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com

0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nyle,

check the MTA logs around the time the sync is supposed to run. Anything useful in there? Consider setting the MTA log level to "verbose" first.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
nlandas Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply Uwe. If anyone looks back at this for a fix themselves, I ended up restarting all of GroupWise and the groups finally updated properly. Which is a relief since the configuration should have been correct and wasn't that complicated.

However, I don't quite understand why that was necessary. The next test will be to update the OU with a new user and see if the Distribution Lists update automatically from the Dynamic Groups or not.

-Nyle
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, I guess it's the good old "Did you try turning it off and back on again?" 🙂
Glad you got it fixed!

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.