Highlighted
New Member.

eDir to AD

Currently Build 222 but we will update this to 280 soon.
Back end is 18.0.1 129782

We want to move to AD from eDir.
When re remove the group (326 users) on the eDir side and re-add to a AD group, will the phones have to be touched?
I realize even if it should, some of them will probably break.
Often the users who deem email to be super important on their phones.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: eDir to AD

Hi,

AD is not supported on GMS.

I recommend your users be AD associated in GroupWise and you make GroupWise your user source on GMS.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

This will throw a wrench in the plans. We currently have eDir associated users with LDAP provisioning and Authentication. Changing them to from LDAP to Groupwise will mean some passwords will change. 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

OK. A real question. I did the curl command, on a test system of course. I also ran it again, and it indicated that it already exists. So it looks like everything is OK. How do I see this in the console. Is that even possible?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

In GMS you can have one of two souces for your users... eDir or GroupWise. If you use GroupWise and select GroupWise as the authentication mechanism then any user connecting to GMS will use the same password as they would for logging into the GroupWise client or WebAccess. In other words authenticating against GroupWise will make use of however GroupWise authentication has been configured. If the GroupWise POA is using LDAP then the user will use their LDAP password regardless of how they are accessing their mailbox.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, but I honestly don't see where the hold up is.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Highlighted
New Member.

:Lighbulb:
OK, I see now, Groupwise is whatever groupwise itself is using for Authentication. I was overthinking this. Thanks for patience!
Off to do testing!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.