Joe_L
New Member.

edit saved draft, attachment sent 0-length

Hi,
Anyone seen the following odd behaviour:

User1 creates mail and adds attachment, saving it as a draft.

User2 (using proxy) edits the message body and does NOT edit the attachment. He saves the attachment on the desktop to view with a separate application. Then either re-saves or sends the mail - at this point the attachment becomes zero length but is still listed as an attachment.

This does not happen every time but is fairly frequent. I do not know if proxy is a key factor here or not. If User2 does NOT save the attachment to the desktop the problem does not seem to occur. Another symptom we see is sometimes separate instances are created for each subsequent save of the draft leaving a trail of versions, but again this does not always happen and I am not sure if its consistent.

Just to repeat, user2 is only editing the body and not editing the attachment, just saving it.

We're using GW14.0.1. Ideas anyone?
Thanks
Joe
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: edit saved draft, attachment sent 0-length

Hi Joe,

First things first... install the GroupWise 2014 SP2 client - yes it will run against your existing 2014 backend. This client contains a load of fixes.

Please try that and then let us know how it goes - thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Joe_L
New Member.

First of all, my apologies - this should be in the Clients forum. I could have sworn I clicked on the right one. Bah!! Is it possible to get it moved please MODS?

OK thanks Laura I'll give that a try. It might be a couple of weeks before I do this as I don't like applying service packs just before going on vacation! (Any excuse to avoid being an early adopter!!)

Joe
0 Likes
Highlighted
Joe_L
New Member.

...and before anyone comments, YES I've seen the security fixes and YES it'll have to be done now...
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

No worries about moving to different forums - that just confuses things.

Try the new client and please do let us know how it goes. Thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Joe_L
New Member.

Server and all Clients have been upgraded to SP2. Now staff are back from vacations they report the problem is still occuring.
Joe
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joe,

Outside of recommending that you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support I don't know what else to recommend. Sorry!

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Joe_L
New Member.

Ok thanks Laura. I was hoping someone may have hit a similar problem just in case. I'll open an SR.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joe,

Please may I ask that you keep us updated with how things progress with your SR? That way we can all learn.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Joe_L
New Member.

It seems that using context menu to save the attachment doesn't cause the problem but if the attachment is saved using drag & drop it fails more consistently.

SR#10970532331, issue now resolved in client 14.0.2-121629.

--
Joe
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joe

Glad that this is sorted. Many thanks for your feedback 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.