Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

eml files in groupwise

Hi All,
I have a client with a grpwise 8 system.
Only 1 workstation is having the following issue.
User saves an email as an eml file to the desktop from groupwise.
Close groupwise.
Open the saved email from the desktop groupwise opens but doesn't open the required email.
Uninstalling groupwise and reinstalling the client has made the problem worse.
If the user opens the eml file is crashes the groupwise client - ie its not installed properly.
This problem is not related to a particular email it seems to effect any email that is saved.

Any suggestions

Julian
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: eml files in groupwise

Hi Julian,

What version of the GroupWise 8 Client is installed on the workstation?

Please let us know - thanks.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,
The client version of groupwise is 8.0.3 hp3.

Thanx
Julian
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Julian,

If this is issolated to only one workstation then the problem appears to be with your GroupWise install.

I would suggest that you uninstall the client, run something like CCleaner to clean the registry and then reinstall the client after doing the necessary reboots in between.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.