Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

error d07e too many recipients/remove some recipients

I have a user who needs to regularly participate in a business-related forum.  The forum list is about 50 addresses so far.  She has run into the issue of Groupwise telling her there are too many recipients and to remove some.  She does not want to split up the group to send multiple replies.  I went into the GW Administration console and increased the number allowed recipients in the Client settings to 100, saved and double-checked it is now 100.  She still seems to be getting the same error, though and I am not sure why or what else I need to adjust.  I did suggest she use a distribution list, gave her a quick tutorial on how to create one.  She has not yet tried to resend doing that, but will Groupwise treat this email sent to a distribution list any differently?  She sends via the web access portal.  Is there something with web access specifically that I also need to set?

Thanks in advance.

Val

Labels (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: error d07e too many recipients/remove some recipients

@iliadmin ,

using distribution lists is not the right way to help her I think. If you allow 100 recipients then she can address 100 recipients. That's it - independent of distribution lists. If a list will contain 150 entries - then she will fail.

Maximum Recipients Allowed

By default, users can send messages to any number of recipients. To prevent users from sending messages to very large numbers of users, perhaps using groups or wildcard addressing, specify the maximum number of recipients that a message can be sent to. If users exceed the specified maximum, they receive an error instructing them to remove recipients and try again.

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@iliadmin Hi Val,

It sounds to me like the change in client settings has not propagated correctly into her user database.  You might want to do a "reset client options"  to kick it into place.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks, Laura. I will give that a shot after she gets back to me.  She has not confirmed that it really does not work for her.

Val

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.