Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

folder view format seeming random since GW 18 upgrade

Since upgrading my users to GW 18SP1 (from GW14R2SP2), some of my users complain that the display format of their mail folders is apparently random. The boss has dozens of folders, probably well over 100, and an informal sample indicates about 1/3 have this problem. I have one folder like this.

Many display the simple Groupwise 2014 column format that he wants and had before, but now an apparently random selection of folders display in a new format with Message Preview, Group Labels, and the new column-less "Summary" list format. I showed him how to fix an individual folder, but he's annoyed that the upgrade has changed many of his folders and he doesn't want to have to go through and fix them all one at a time.

I'm guessing that internally this has to do with when the folders were created (i.e. by which client) and what flags got set on them (this user's mailbox has existed since GroupWise 6 atleast)... the ones displaying the problem probably have no display format set so they're inheriting the GW18 default, while the other folders have the simple format set which GW18 is obeying.

I tried going to the an upper-level folder and resetting the display format there, but it didn't flow down to the sub folders.

The question then is: is there any way to set the display format of the folders in bulk?

Thanks for any help.

Dave
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: folder view format seeming random since GW 18 upgrade

Davemrm,

> The question then is: is there any way to set the display format of the
> folders in bulk?

Unfortunately there is not. It's a per folder setting. You can go
request that there be a global setting added for a future release of
GroupWise by going to our ideas portal -
https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw

Pam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I found there is an idea already for this, hasn't gotten a lot of attention so far.

https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw/Idea/Detail/870

I voted and commented with my situation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Thank you. Good idea, we would find that very useful here also. I
added my vote.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

If this post was helpful and you are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.