acshearer Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

foward student email

Hello,

Here is our current setup. We have Groupwise 2014 for our email. All staff members have Groupwise accounts, but our students do not. They just have network accounts. We also have a Google Apps for Education domain. What I would like to do is have students use the Google Apps domain for email. I have email enabled in the Google Apps domain for students. Their Google Domain account is <username>@wyasd.k12.pa.us. If someone emails them now it bounces back because that is not a valid Groupwise user. Is there a way that Groupwise can be set up that teachers can email the students at their <username>@wyasd.k12.pa.us and have it successfully send to their Google Domain gmail?

Hopefully that makes sense.
Thanks,
Andrew
Network Administrator
West York Area School District
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: foward student email

Hi Andrew,

Perhaps this is a dumb question but perhaps I'm not understanding your question, my apologies in advance. Is the Google domain name the same as the domain name in use on your GroupWise system?

Please let us know - thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
acshearer Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello Laura,

Yes it is actually.

Andrew
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Andrew,

If your internal domain is identical to the external domain I, personally, don't know of a way to make this work. I don't even know if this is possible. Sorry 😞

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Something here is not quite right.

My understanding is that you have a Groupwise system setup to receive mail to @wyasd.k12.pa.us domain.

Users (staff) can send and receive from this okay? If so then it's correctly setup with appropriate MX records in DNS.

You also appear to have a Google Apps setup to also receive mail to @wyasd.k12.pa.us. How can this be the case; you would need to have different MX records to those currently pointing to the GroupWise system?

Sounds to me that the Google Apps has been setup but the MX records point to the existing Groupwise system. You can perhaps send, but never receive mail?

What you could do is either setup a completely new domain for students or setup a sub-domain (perhaps students.wyasd.k12.pa.us) and point the MX records to this subdomain to the Google Apps mail system.

Appologies in advance if this is not what you are trying to achieve.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.