restori1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

from GW 7 to GW 8

I’m ready to upgrade to groupwise 8 from gw 7. At the same time, even, I have to upgrade hardware and OS . From OES SP2 (SLES 9) to OES current version (SELS 10 SP3).
I read the documentation, but I have some doubts about the steps do.
I would like migrate GW 7 to 8 on old environment ( SLES9 support GW9? or only not recommended ), an then from old server to new server and new OS.
Is this possible some one has more suggestions?

Thanks
Fabrizio

fabrizio at rfc.it www.rfc.it
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: from GW 7 to GW 8

restori;1981464 wrote:
I’m ready to upgrade to groupwise 8 from gw 7. At the same time, even, I have to upgrade hardware and OS . From OES SP2 (SLES 9) to OES current version (SELS 10 SP3).
I read the documentation, but I have some doubts about the steps do.
I would like migrate GW 7 to 8 on old environment ( SLES9 support GW9? or only not recommended ), an then from old server to new server and new OS.
Is this possible some one has more suggestions?

Thanks
Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizo,

SLES 9 is not a supported platform for Groupwise 8 I believe.

If the OES(1) server is only running Groupwise.. a plan could be to setup a new SLES10 SP2/OES2 SP2 server next to the existing one, install the GW agents on that and then migrate and update your Groupwise services from the old server to the new one.

You can choose to migrate GW 7 > GW 7 , and then (a week or two) later upgrade GW 7 on the OES2 box to GW 8. That way you split the migration and upgrade steps... that might make troubleshooting clearer if you run in to issues.

Where possible, it would be advisable to install the 64bit version of SLES 10 and OES2 (so you are future ready).

Just some first thoughts...

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.