Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

garbled mail window

Hello Members,

I have a strange issue with GW18 clients on multiple Windows 7 workstations. GW14R2 works fine, but after upgrading to GW18SP2, the compose or mail window gets garbled. It looks like the text from the hidden right side bar gets mixed up with the header. The attachment window on the bottom is missing. The "From", "To", "Subject" text is missing, but there is a "Change to" text overlapping with the actual subject of the email. I cannot reproduce it in my lab. Have you seen such behaviour?

Regards,
Gellért
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
greiner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: garbled mail window

The newest client is 18.1, we have no problems with this version.
cg
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: garbled mail window

Problem solved. Turned out that the windows 7 workstation only had internet explorer 8 installed. The required minimum version is ie9. After an upgrade from ie8 to ie10, the gw mail window normalised.

Gellért
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.