ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

global signature not on internal messages

Hi,

we are running Groupwise 18.2 on SLES. 

I have created a global signature template that pulls variables form the GW user database. 

I have specified in the postoffice and the domain client options to use this signature template as the global signature and I have selected to apply signature to ALL messages.

However, on internal messages the signature is not added. For outgoing messages, no problem, all works fine.

All users connect with windows groupwise clients or sometimes with web access.

Did I miss something? Looks very straight forward, but can't get it to work for internal messages.

Thanks for any help.

B.

0 Likes
11 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Administration console: If you go to domain (or post office or user) and open client options, Send , Global Signature, then there is an option to apply signature to all messages or only external messages,

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thanks.
We have done that both on postoffice and domain.
"Apply to all messags" is active.
but not working
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Have you even tried to lock this setting?

In the beginning you mentioned that you are using GW18.2. GW18.2.0 or GW18.2.1? Maybe any FTF?

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Setting is locked both on the domain and on the postoffice and we are using 18.2.1

What is FTF? 🙂
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

FTF is a Field Test File.  It is a newer version of the software that is not publicly released yet.  If you are having problems, often you can open a Support Request with Micro Focus and they can provide an FTF which might solve the problem for you.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thank you for the explanation.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@ketter wrote:

you can open a Support Request with Micro Focus

No more Support  Requests (SRs)! Now, they only open cases🙄

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

So if you open a case, support recognizes a bug and they know that there is a version which can fix it, then  you will get a newer version of GW18.2.1. I know there have been a few one ..

Diethmar Rimser
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@brucepottgh 

Hi,

Firstly ensure that the POA log level is Verbose.

I suggest that you unlock the settings at both at Post Office and Domain level, in Client Options, do a "Restore Default Settings" on the Global Signature tab.  Then at either the Domain or Post Office go and configure the Global Signature and don't leave it at "Default Global Signature".  Actually, click on the drop-down list and select the signature and "Apply signature to all messages" and click on OK.

Now look at the POA log file and you should see:

2 x "Processing Admin Message (hash here)"

Then look for:

"Processing admin task: Update Settings"

And then you should see a line like this for each of the users in the Post Office:

Successful merge of settings for [username]

That indicates that the setting has actually been written to the user database.

So, start there so we know the Global Signature has actually been committed into the databases.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Ok, thanks a lot for that response.

I have done exactly that, with one difference: we are using a global signature template, not a global signature actually.

I have configured the global signature as described above on the domain level and selected to apply to all messages. The messages in the logfiles appear correctly as described above.

Result is the same: signature is added to the external messages, but not to the internal ones

Then I did the whole thing again, this time applying on Postoffice level.

With again the same result. No signature on internal messages
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

So let's start to open a case!

Diethmar Rimser
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.