Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

groupwise window shuts down, or crashes with attachments

Using 8.0.1 on win7 64bit system. It worked fine in the past, then recently started closing the main groupwise window (leaving notify running) or crashing with grpwise.exe.
Happens frequently when sending a message with an attachment. Or even just when clicking the attachment icon.

updated to 8.0.2, no change. tried with two different accounts on the same computer. no change. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. still no change.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did this get resolved as we are having the same issue?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bump. Having the same issue as well (not just when sending with attachments, can happen by just working in GW).

Windows 7 32 bit, GW 8.0.2 HP3 (build 96933). Had the issue since HP2 (i.e. as long as we've been on 7).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

O.S. Windows 7 Pro x64
GroupWise clients: I started with the latest available version 8.0.3.26516 and that was consistently crashing. So, I uninstalled that version and prerequisites, I also ran the clean up utility. I then installed version 8.0.3.23395.

It doesn't seem to make a difference what the person does in the client, it crashes regardless and often.

I've run hardware tests to rule out bad hardware. It is a faily new computer and otherwise works great. All tests come back successfully.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ditto to langler running 8.0.3 on win xp
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.