Commodore
Commodore

gwweb redirect port 80 to 443

Hi,

Does anybody have a recipe how to make a redirect in docker nginx to rewrite port 80 to 443 so all webtraffic will be ssl?

Thanks in advance

/Lennart

0 Likes
5 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

If you look for a post I did earlier in the year. I did figure it out and did share it.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@warper2 

Rick,

I thought there was a tid on this one but I am not finding it.  If you want to shoot me your steps via email, I will get one written.

Have a very Merry Christmas my friend.  I hope you and your family stay safe and well!

Pam

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Pam,

I hope you are doing well to Pam. Merry Christmas. 

I can't find the post I did. But I remember that any port can be redirected. This is what I use with it because I wanted it to run in a clustered GW environment. 

This is what I use with addresses changed

exit_on_error docker run -d --rm -v /opt/novell/gw:/etc/nginx/gw --name gwweb2 --ip 10.99.103.24 -e FQDN=gweb.holyangelsschool.net -e DNS_SERVER=10.99.103.2 -p 10.99.103.24:80:80 -p 10.99.103.24:443:443 -v /opt/novell/gw/certs:/certs mfgroupwise/webacc-ng:latest

As I remember it was the second port of each one that had to be correct. I would think that you could take the first and have 80:443 and I believe that would redirect it to 443. I would have to test that but can't at this time. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@warper2 

Great, thanks a bunch.  I will get one written.

Pam

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_guide_install/data/install_web_image.html 

See "Example with commercial certs:"

add -e TLS_REDIR_PORT=<port> -e TLS_REDIR_PORT=<TLS_port>

Here is my docker run command:

docker run -d --rm -v /opt/novell/gw:/etc/nginx/gw --name gwweb -e FQDN=gweb.<my domain> -e DNS_SERVER=10.10.1.10 -p 8080:80 -p 8443:443 -e TLS_REDIR_PORT=8080 -e TLS_REDIR_PORT=8443 mfgroupwise/web:latest

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.