Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

gwweb update cycle

On the docker website I see that the gwweb is last updated 2 months ago.

Because we know that a lot of the functionality that exists in de webmail is still missing, I wonder how often the docker image will be updated. Or what update cyclus will be used. Is there a roadmap or something like that?

IMHO gwweb has to be updated quickly to gain momentum.

Jan

Labels (3)
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: gwweb update cycle

It will depend on the feature or fix that we are working on.    Right now the top priority is to introduce Proxy.   That is a bigger story and will take some time.   

As long as the new feature does not require a change to SOAP, meaning a POA update than we could release when the feature was done and you wouldn't have to upgrade the GW backend.   If the feature requires a SOAP update to the POA then it would be released with the next version of GroupWise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

@MikeBills  Hello Mike,

This needs some more explanation. There is functionality that can be added without a change to the soap connection and there is functionality that needs a change to the soap stuff. OK. I understand. But what functionality can we expect soon and when exactly? I mean the functionality without change to the soap connection.

And with Proxy you mean proxy access rights in gwweb? If yes, what is the roadmap for that? Logically I should say - first thing is signatures. Is it possible to release that asap?

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As I mentioned our current top Priority is to introduce proxy.   ie so users with proxy rights to other users mailboxes and calendars can proxy into them,  or a user can grant proxy rights.   This is a larger effort and the team is focused on that at this time.   I am hoping we have that completed for the 18.2.1 release in March.    Signatures is high on the list, but would come after proxy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for explanation, but the Docker story was about to give users updates very quick. Will be this true after 18.2.1 release ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That is our intention.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How about the intention? Is there a release scheduled soon? Neither proxy rights nor signatures are implemented yet.

Jan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@JvdMeij,

Jan,

Their top priority is still Proxy.  That work is still ongoing and until that is finished, which should be in the q4 2020 time frame, there likely won't be any new updates to GW Web.  Signatures will be implemented once the Proxy work has completed.

Pam

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.