mgorn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to block pidgin or gaim from connecting to GWIM?

How can I restrict clients from using pidgin or gaim with GWIM?
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to block pidgin or gaim from connecting to GWIM?

Michael Gorn wrote:
> How can I restrict clients from using pidgin or gaim with GWIM?
> Thanks.

Fire them.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mgorn;1630308 wrote:
How can I restrict clients from using pidgin or gaim with GWIM?
Thanks.

This is a corporate enforcement and desktop policy issue. ZENworks can help you identify these users as well as lockdown or restrict pidgin from functioning. Though I wonder why you would care if people use pidgin, it's a fine IM client and all the traffic through GWIM via pidgin is still auditable logged, etc...

Ryan
0 Likes
mgorn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We don't have ZEnworks unfortunately. Plus I don't mind users using pidgin to connect to AIM/ICQ/MSN/etc. I just want to restrict them from using GWIM services. There are various reasons for this need(such as ability to use OTP encryption which prevents internal auditing).

>>> krondor<krondor@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 9/4/2008 10:16 AM >>>

mgorn;1630308 Wrote: > How can I restrict clients from using pidgin or gaim with GWIM?

> Thanks.

This is a corporate enforcement and desktop policy issue. ZENworks canhelp you identify these users as well as lockdown or restrict pidginfrom functioning. Though I wonder why you would care if people usepidgin, it's a fine IM client and all the traffic through GWIM viapidgin is still auditable logged, etc...

Ryan-- krondor------------------------------------------------------------------------krondor's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5235View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=342162
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.