Highlighted
New Member.

iCal service.

My "Enable iCal service" box on the GWIA SMTP/MIME tab has never been checked. Occasionally users have asked about this, but nothing official. Some here are very leery of making any changes. I assume it wont be a big deal. Id like to flip it, and for grins restart GroupWise agents, and make a few users happy. Are the any consequences I should be aware of?
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: iCal service.

Hi,

I've only ever had good stuff come out of enabling this service. Finally users receive appointments from external senders as appointments and not .ics attachments.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: iCal service.

laurabuckley;2419035 wrote:
Hi,

I've only ever had good stuff come out of enabling this service. Finally users receive appointments from external senders as appointments and not .ics attachments.

Cheers,

Thanks. We flipped it on, and no issues reported. In the past I would have just done it without asking. I am trying to be better. 😄
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.