Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPhone sync to Groupwise Not always Consistent

I have one of our owners telling me that his new iPhone (iPhone 7, iOS 10.2, protocol 14.1) does not always send things to his Groupwise account. He can see two calendar items on his iPhone that are not showing on his Groupwise calendar when he view it. He wants to know if there are any issues with it syncing from the iPhone to Groupwise. I said I didn't think so. It seems that the other items show up in both places. I checked the synced status in GMS and for calendar items, it shows 0 pending. I am assuming that is for from Groupwise to the device? There is likely no way for me to know what's pending on his phone......

Could just be a fluke? Is there any issue with an item having been entered on the iPhone7 first then syncing to Groupwise?

Is there any way to force the iPhone to resync in that account?

Kind regards,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: iPhone sync to Groupwise Not always Consistent

Hi Val,

First thing to check is that the appointment he's created on his phone he put in the GroupWise calendar and not the local iPhone calendar.

Mark.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Val, There is a newer GMS 14.2.1 build 284. In our TEST this version looks better. It's availible on the download.novell.com, patches, GMS.
kind regards, HKO.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

iliadmin;2448721 wrote:
I have one of our owners telling me that his new iPhone (iPhone 7, iOS 10.2, protocol 14.1) does not always send things to his Groupwise account. He can see two calendar items on his iPhone that are not showing on his Groupwise calendar when he view it. He wants to know if there are any issues with it syncing from the iPhone to Groupwise. I said I didn't think so.

We are also seeing issues in combination with iOS 10.2, among which are calendar inconsistencies.
I upgraded from GMS 14.2.1 to 14.2.1hp2 yesterday and will monitor whether this resolves the issues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

AVG-Don;2449296 wrote:
We are also seeing issues in combination with iOS 10.2, among which are calendar inconsistencies.
I upgraded from GMS 14.2.1 to 14.2.1hp2 yesterday and will monitor whether this resolves the issues.

Hello,

any new informations about the calendar inconsistencies ?
We have the same problem. GMS and GW are up to date.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <DavudOeden.7ta4fc@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, DavudOeden
wrote:
> any new informations about the calendar inconsistencies ?
> We have the same problem. GMS and GW are up to date.

One possible source of issues is if someone shared their primary/root
calendar which isn't a supported combination as I understand it. A
future patch should put in a check to manage that situation, but for
now do check that their main calendar is not shared or that they are
the recipient of such a sharing.

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!
GMS troubleshooting tips at
http://www.konecnyad.ca/andyk/gwmobility.htm

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

With iOS 10.2.1 and GMS 14.2.1 build 284 and a new file /opt/novell/datasync/syncengine/connectors/groupwise/lib/gwconnect/items/mapitemid.pyc we now have no issues anymore with the calendar on this moment.
HKO
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.