Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

libgcc

Just ran some patching on my GMS server (SLES 12 sp4) and it showed this file conflict--I never really know quite what I should do when these happen (rarely. 

Checking for file conflicts:...........................................................[error]  (in red)

Detected 2 file conflicts:

File /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
    from install of
        libgcc_s1-32bit-9.2.1+r275327-1.3.9 x86_64 (SLES12-SP-Updates)
    conflicts with the file from package
        libgcc46-32bit-4.6.1_20110701-0.13.9 x86_64 @System)

File /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
    from install of
        libgcc_s1-9.2.1+r275327-1.3.9 x86_64 (SLES12-SP-Updates)
    conflicts with the file from package
        libgcc46-4.6.1_20110701-0.13.9 x86_64 @System)

Asks me to continue (which means the conflicting files will be replaced, losing the previous content).

Does this mean the file from the @System is the one to be replaced?  So confusing to me.

What do I do???  Just sorta sitting there, I really don't want to leave it logged in all night.

Help!  thanks in advance.
Val

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: libgcc

Ah, I just read and re-read, flipped a coin and said Yes.  (Not really, I found that the @System file is not from a repository - no idea where it is from, but it can be replaced). So after responding Y, the rest of the patches applied and the process was done. Crossed my fingers and rebooted everything and Mobility is fine and operational, no apparent issues.

Anyway, thanks!  The forum gives me courage in spirit.  🙂

Val

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.