ksorensen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mail to iCloud.com, mac.com, me.com rejected

The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following:

user@me.com (550 5.7.1 Success delivery receipts not accepted: user@me.com)

Can send via Gmail or other service, or using telnet client to iCloud mail exchanger (all three domains use mxX.mail.icloud.com.) Seems to be specific to GroupWise and iCloud. Currently running GW 12.0.2 on Windows 2003

This started happening the afternoon of 12/10/2014
Labels (2)
0 Likes
16 Replies
sstarkey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: mail to iCloud.com, mac.com, me.com rejected

I'm having the same issue. Don't have trouble sending to other services just to the me.com addresses. Seems to have started at the same time. If I turn off Enable delivery confirmation (if supported) from Send Options -> Status Tracking then the message goes through.
0 Likes
sgagne Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are also seeing this, can't get it to work even with removing the check. Since yesterday (about.).
Could be Apple changed some settings?
0 Likes
ksorensen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, that did it for us. Checking many sent items to external domains, it appears no one supports this anyway, as we never get status other than "transferred."
0 Likes
ksorensen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The reporting user claimed to have unchecked the setting several times, but it didn't "take" until I went and watched the process. (Proximity effect) Does the setting stick? My guess is an update of some sort at Apple, yes.
0 Likes
sstarkey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Glad it helped.
0 Likes
marvhuffaker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had a customer report the same issue to me today. gw2012 sp3 (From 7/2014 code) running on Linux.. Turned off the DSN on the GWIA and this resolved it however I don't see it as a permanent fix. Those providers must have changed something that doesn't agree with the GWIA. Wondering if it would work with the latest hotpatch. Note that on my own Gw2014 SP1 HP1 system I do not have any delivery issues.
0 Likes
allabs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have the same issue. Started today...
marvhuffaker;2342228 wrote:
I had a customer report the same issue to me today. gw2012 sp3 (From 7/2014 code) running on Linux.. Turned off the DSN on the GWIA and this resolved it however I don't see it as a permanent fix. Those providers must have changed something that doesn't agree with the GWIA. Wondering if it would work with the latest hotpatch. Note that on my own Gw2014 SP1 HP1 system I do not have any delivery issues.
0 Likes
jmatchus Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same issue here running GWIA 2012 SP 2
0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

We see same issue. Started at 10:30 AM EST Dec 10th. Its not a GroupWise issue, same issue seems to be reported for other mail systems which allow for DSN. Disabling DSN when user's send messages as indicated above does prevent the spurious bounces.

-- Bob
0 Likes
toxophilite Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are experiencing the same issue. Have you found a resolution?

ksorensen;2342202 wrote:

Can send via Gmail or other service, or using telnet client to iCloud mail exchanger (all three domains use mxX.mail.icloud.com.) Seems to be specific to GroupWise and iCloud. Currently running GW 12.0.2 on Windows 2003

0 Likes
mkmorris Absent Member.
Absent Member.

toxophilite;2342685 wrote:
We are experiencing the same issue. Have you found a resolution?

If you google the message you'll see this is an issue happening to all mail platforms (or at least a couple using Exchange as well) mostly on the Apple support forums.

If you on the client side disable Return Notifications "When Opened" and "When Deleted" (tools/send/email) and more particularily if your client is new enough, disable / uncheck "Internet Mail / Enable Delivery Confirmation (If Supported)" or do so at the domain/post office level you will find your emails flows.

NDR aka Failures will still and always flow from the receiving server (Apple in this case). ie "mailbox not found" "mailbox full" etc.

This just turns off the "Success" messages.
0 Likes
jlivitski1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

marvhuffaker;2342228 wrote:
I had a customer report the same issue to me today. gw2012 sp3 (From 7/2014 code) running on Linux.. Turned off the DSN on the GWIA and this resolved it however I don't see it as a permanent fix.

I found out where to disable DSN at the GWIA level, but won't doing so also stop outbound NDR reports?
0 Likes
mtib1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ksorensen;2342202 wrote:

Same issue here. Started today. I'm running GW2014 SP1 HP1 on OES11 SP2
0 Likes
mtib1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried this whit succes Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.