cdoberman1984 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

make groupwise pull from a pop3 account online then deliver

Hi there,

Is there a way to make Groupwise pull from an email account (not within groupwise) hosted somewhere that is pop3 enabled, and then deliver that email to an address in Groupwise?
I have looked on Google, and the only thing I could see is a pop forwarding agent for Groupwise 5.5.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

Re: make groupwise pull from a pop3 account online then deli

If it were IMAP and not POP3, it would be easy: imapsync, imapcopy, etc... pop2imap may be an option. But its likely to be a mess. What mail system is this on the POP3 side?

-- Bob
0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

An older GW client can talk POP or IMAP and may be able to pull the POP contents into a folder in GroupWise. I'm not sure if that is available in the most recent version, however it doesn't need to be. You can install an older client into a tiny VM and let it sync. Kudge. But should work.
0 Likes
cdoberman1984 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bob-O-Rama;2265752 wrote:
If it were IMAP and not POP3, it would be easy: imapsync, imapcopy, etc... pop2imap may be an option. But its likely to be a mess. What mail system is this on the POP3 side?

-- Bob

Bob, sorry I should have mentioned that, it can be accessed either via pop3/imap. its just a regular email account hosted on a Linux cpanel server, so i am assuming its running Postfix. I don't have root acces to the server so not 100% sure of what system its running.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.