New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

mobility sles12 sp2?

Jump to solution

My Groupwise 2018 sp1. mobility servers are currently installed on Sles 12 sp2.  These are VMs that were originally Sles 11. What is my best path forward? Retire and leave it to someone else has come to mind 🙂

It looks like we should be on Sles 12 sp4 at a minimum. I didn't see any instructions of this in the documentation. If it's in there someplace please point me toward it. 

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@raronson 

Hi,

Indeed you *should* be on SLES12SP4 minimum.  My advise for best way forward, setup a new SLES15SP1 server and install GMS 18.2 (note that GMS 18.2 will work against an 18.1 GroupWise backend).  Once it's all setup, configured, users added and sync'd, certificates installed, etc. then change your DNS records and your users should keep on working without noticing a difference.  Then decommission the old server by first removing the users from it, ensuring that the user removal process completes 100%, then shut the old server down.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@raronson 

Hi,

Indeed you *should* be on SLES12SP4 minimum.  My advise for best way forward, setup a new SLES15SP1 server and install GMS 18.2 (note that GMS 18.2 will work against an 18.1 GroupWise backend).  Once it's all setup, configured, users added and sync'd, certificates installed, etc. then change your DNS records and your users should keep on working without noticing a difference.  Then decommission the old server by first removing the users from it, ensuring that the user removal process completes 100%, then shut the old server down.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore
Thanks Laura. I appreciate the advice.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.