Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
2316 views

multi-user calendars - display oddities?

Running GroupWise 2012 SP2. I've been asked to give a tutorial about
proxy and multi-user calendars. I've never had a need to use the
multi-user calendar so I just tried it out. As far as I can tell,
multi-user calendar is either a buggy mess or I just don't understand
it. I have proxy access to two other user's calendars so I added them
both into a multi-user calendar. If I look at the Multi-user Columns
view, everything looks normal. But when I go to the day, week, or
month views, I see all appointments from all three of us crammed
together on the same days with no idea who owns each appointment. It
looks like all the appointments for all 3 of us are all my
appointments. Is this how it is supposed to be? How do I just see
the day view for my own appointments?
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

ketter;2262212 wrote:
As far as I can tell,
multi-user calendar is either a buggy mess or I just don't understand
it. I have proxy access to two other user's calendars so I added them
both into a multi-user calendar. If I look at the Multi-user Columns
view, everything looks normal. But when I go to the day, week, or
month views, I see all appointments from all three of us crammed
together on the same days with no idea who owns each appointment. It
looks like all the appointments for all 3 of us are all my
appointments. Is this how it is supposed to be? How do I just see
the day view for my own appointments?

I can see the same over here. I also think this is unuseable.
Anyone else seeing this? I will open an SR...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

Multi-user calendar have the same feature as sub-calendars. You can use
colours to distinguish appointments, tasks and notes. So if you use
colours for your different users you calendar will be easy readable.
Does this help?

KeN Etter wrote:

> Running GroupWise 2012 SP2. I've been asked to give a tutorial about
> proxy and multi-user calendars. I've never had a need to use the
> multi-user calendar so I just tried it out. As far as I can tell,
> multi-user calendar is either a buggy mess or I just don't understand
> it. I have proxy access to two other user's calendars so I added them
> both into a multi-user calendar. If I look at the Multi-user Columns
> view, everything looks normal. But when I go to the day, week, or
> month views, I see all appointments from all three of us crammed
> together on the same days with no idea who owns each appointment. It
> looks like all the appointments for all 3 of us are all my
> appointments. Is this how it is supposed to be? How do I just see
> the day view for my own appointments?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

On Tue, 07 May 2013 08:47:15 GMT, "Diethmar Rimser" <test@test.com>
wrote:

>Multi-user calendar have the same feature as sub-calendars. You can use
>colours to distinguish appointments, tasks and notes. So if you use
>colours for your different users you calendar will be easy readable.
>Does this help?


No. As far as I can tell, the only way to do that is to manually
assign a color to each and every appointment. No way are my users
going to do that. If you know of a way to automate it, let me know.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

On Tue, 07 May 2013 06:26:03 GMT, Schleissheimer
<Schleissheimer@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>ketter;2262212 Wrote:
>> As far as I can tell,
>> multi-user calendar is either a buggy mess or I just don't understand
>> it. I have proxy access to two other user's calendars so I added them
>> both into a multi-user calendar. If I look at the Multi-user Columns
>> view, everything looks normal. But when I go to the day, week, or
>> month views, I see all appointments from all three of us crammed
>> together on the same days with no idea who owns each appointment. It
>> looks like all the appointments for all 3 of us are all my
>> appointments. Is this how it is supposed to be? How do I just see
>> the day view for my own appointments?

>I can see the same over here. I also think this is unuseable.
>Anyone else seeing this? I will open an SR...


I'm going to open one also...I posted here and also on a GroupWise
Discussion List I belong to and I'm not getting much help either
place. I'll post back what I find.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

That is really strange. You have list of users in your multiuser
calendar on the right side. There you have the possibility to activate
and deactivate these users in your overview. Clicking the calendar icon
next to the user name I can select a color - and all appointments
within this (user) calendar will show the new color. All of them.

Diethmar

I am not lucky with all the features around multi-user calendars - but
this one should work.

KeN Etter wrote:

> On Tue, 07 May 2013 08:47:15 GMT, "Diethmar Rimser" <test@test.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Multi-user calendar have the same feature as sub-calendars. You can
> > use colours to distinguish appointments, tasks and notes. So if you
> > use colours for your different users you calendar will be easy
> > readable. Does this help?

>
> No. As far as I can tell, the only way to do that is to manually
> assign a color to each and every appointment. No way are my users
> going to do that. If you know of a way to automate it, let me know.
>
> Ken

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

ketter;2262339 wrote:

I'm going to open one also...I posted here and also on a GroupWise
Discussion List I belong to and I'm not getting much help either
place. I'll post back what I find.

Ken

I described it the following way.
- UserA -> add some Appointments
- UserB -> Add UserA to Multiuser Calendar
- UserC -> Add Userb to Multiuser Calendar
--> Now UserC sees the Appointments of UserA

Support told me they will raise a defect...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

On Tue, 07 May 2013 13:53:29 GMT, "Diethmar Rimser"
<diethmar.rimser@brainagents.at> wrote:

>That is really strange. You have list of users in your multiuser
>calendar on the right side. There you have the possibility to activate
>and deactivate these users in your overview. Clicking the calendar icon
>next to the user name I can select a color - and all appointments
>within this (user) calendar will show the new color. All of them.
>
>Diethmar


Well that makes a big difference...I wasn't aware of that feature.
Thanks.
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

* KeN Etter wrote, On 05/07/2013 06:57 PM:
> Well that makes a big difference...I wasn't aware of that feature.
> Thanks.


Ken,

we had issues with Multi-User calendars after upgrading clients from 8 to 2012. Delete all users from the calendar and add them back, that fixes display oddities.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

Hello, Uwe

> we had issues with Multi-User calendars after upgrading clients from 8
> to 2012. Delete all users from the calendar and add them back, that
> fixes display oddities.

No, that´s not the workaround. Under my environment the new created
calendar has the same oddities.
The issues came up after the upgrade from 2012 sp1 to sp2.

I will bring the proxy calendar close to the users.
Its not the solution, but works...

Go
--
Gotthard Anger
Anwenderbetreuung Netzwerkadministration
Landeskirchenamt der EKM
gotthardanger@no-mx.forums.novell.com
http://forums.novell.com/member.php?u=35038
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

On Thu, 09 May 2013 11:08:28 GMT, Uwe Buckesfeld <u.buckesfeld@web.de>
wrote:

>we had issues with Multi-User calendars after upgrading clients from 8 to 2012. Delete all users from the calendar and add them back, that fixes display oddities.


Uwe,

Thanks for the tip.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: multi-user calendars - display oddities?

I've already had a Service Request for this problem and got a defect confirmed; here's the answer from Novell Support:
==============================================
(...)
>>> <techsup@novell.com> 13.05.2013 15:15 >>>
The defect I raised for the issue got major severity and urgent priority and is scheduled for fix in GW 2012 SP3. Here is the number of the defect so you can search for it in the readme of the new coming releases:

Bug 818770 - Multi-User calendar does not show correct information since update to GW 2012 SP2 client
(...)
==============================================

The only workaround for now is to downgrade to GW2012 SP1
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.